The rules articulate a right, but, significantly, not a duty, to enforce these rules by reviewing, editing, moving, or deleting content. There is no indication here whether users who routinely violate these rules can be permanently removed from the forum (by having their IP address blocked) or what other measures the site takes to enforce these rules
Here are the "Community Rules" posted at http://www.nola.com/aboutus/index.ssf?/forums/rules.html:
This site is not responsible for any content you submit. We reserve the right, but undertake no duty, to review, edit, move, or delete any content submitted by users, in our sole discretion, without notice, including but not limited to the following reasons:
- Do not post obscene, indecent, hateful, offensive, defamatory, abusive, harassing or profane material.
- Do not post junk mail, pyramid schemes, chain letters or advertisements.
- Do not engage in personal attacks.
- Vulgar and insulting nicknames will be removed. Nicknames attempting to impersonate other users will be removed.
- Do not post anyone's telephone number, street address. or any other personal information.
- Do not post an e-mail address belonging to another person.
- Do not post information that encourages criminal activity of any kind, or any statements that may give rise to civil liability.
- If you post a link to another site, please provide a brief explanation of where the link goes as a courtesy to other users.
- Do not post copyrighted material, including newsletter items, newspaper articles, excerpts from books, music, poems, photographs, video files or any other material, unless you own the copyright to that material, or have written permission to post it.
- Do not attempt to impersonate other users, site staff or any other person.
- Do not post the same message in multiple locations on the site.
- Lively debate and opposing opinions are welcome, but please behave courteously and responsibly.
- Submissions regarding the administration or moderation of forum posts or comments are not permitted and will be removed. If you have a issue or question regarding our administrative policies or actions, Contact Interactivity Management.
- Keep your messages on topic for the particular discussion you are involved in.
- Do not use multiple account nicknames in one discussion. Do not answer your own posts using another nickname.